Combat Sports Insurance Co. is an insurance agency for fighters by fighters. Each of our team members has been involved in the sport of MMA and Boxing for a number of years. We understand the hardships of creating a gym to grow from a few friends training together to a legitimate team of Mixed Martial Artists competitors. With the high cost of overhead when starting a gym or a promotion, we believe that your insurance shouldn’t be one of the large expenses that stand in the way of your profit margin. If the overhead is lower and the profit is higher, that leads the way to more promotional events, more members of the academy and more success of your personal and professional goals in our sport.
MMA & Boxing Gym Insurance
Martial Arts Schools / Athletic Studios
Accident & Liability Insurance Coverage
Total cost starting per year for coverage equaling $1,000,000 = $450
Participation in today’s Martial Arts can provide physical fitness, discipline, self defense and entertainment….but can also result accident and injury. In the past, accident and liability coverage for Martial Arts Schools or Studios was either too costly, too limited, or not available at all. Individuals were either forced to pay extremely high insurance premiums or to run programs without proper insurance protection, therefore running the risk of personal exposure to lawsuits or a participant’s injury claim.
However, now a comprehensive program has been developed to specifically cover the inherent risks involved in running a Martial Arts School or Studio. This Martial Arts Accident and Liability Insurance Program is designed to help eliminate the financial and emotional burden one can incur as a result of a lawsuit or participant injury claim.
The Accident Coverage ($100,000.00 Benefit)
Pays the medical bills of an injured student or staff member
Who Is Covered
All youth and adult students and staff members of the Policyholder are covered while participating in sponsored activities. A member is also covered while traveling, directly and without interruption, to and from any Policyholder sponsored activity and his or her home or place of residence.
Accidental Death & Dismemberment
If a covered injury results in any of the losses specified below within one year after the date of the accident, the Company will pay the applicable amount.
- Full Principal Sum for loss of life ($50,000.00)
- Full Principal Sum for double dismemberment ($50,000.00)
- 50% of the Principal Sum for loss of one hand, one foot or sight of one eye ($25,000.00)
- 25% of the Principal Sum for loss of index finger and thumb of same hand ($12,500.00)
If the Principal sum is payable, no indemnity will be paid for dismemberment. In any event, the double dismemberment indemnity is the maximum amount payable under this Benefit for all losses resulting from one accident.
Maximum Medical Expense Benefit
If the Covered Person incurs eligible expenses as the result of a covered injury, the Company will pay the charges incurred for such expense within 52 weeks, beginning on the date of accident. Payment will be made for eligible expenses not to exceed the Maximum Medical Expense Benefit of $100,000.00, subject to a deductible amount of $250.00. The first such expense must be incurred within 60 days after the date of the accident.
Exclusions and Limitations
This Plan does not cover any loss to or resulting from:
- Sickness or disease in any form, except pyogenic infections due to an accidental cut or wound.
- The use of drugs or narcotics, unless administered under the advice of a physician.
- War or any act of war, whether or not declared.
- Participation in any riot or civil commotion.
- Air travel or the use of any device or equipment for aerial navigation, except as a fare-paying passenger on a regularly scheduled commercial airline.
- Suicide or any attempt thereat or any self-inflicted injury.
Nor does the Plan cover:
- Service provided by any person or facility employed or retained by the Policyholder or member organization.
- Service provided by any member of the Insured Person’s family or household.
- Dental treatment, except as the result of a covered injury.
- The repair or replacement of any artificial dental restoration.
- Expenses payable under any Workers Compensation Law or similar legislation.
- Injury sustained while riding in or on any two or three wheeled engine driven vehicle.
The Liability Coverage ($1,000,000.00 Coverage)
Protects you in the event of a lawsuit or property damage
Who Is Covered
This program provides protection for your Martial Arts School or Studio, owners, directors, instructors and employees against claims of bodily injury liability, property damage liability and the litigation costs to defend against such claims.
Coverage Includes Suits Arising Out Of:
- Injury or death of participants
- Injury or death of spectators
- Injury or death of volunteers
- Property damage liability
- Host liquor liability (non-profit)
- Incidental medical malpractice
- All activities necessary to conduct of activities
- Ownership use or maintenance of gyms, fields or school areas
- General negligence claims
- Cost of investigation and defense of claims, even if groundless
Includes coverage for all youth hosted or non-hosted tournaments at no additional charge. Additional insureds such as landlords can be added at no additional charge.
Exclusions & Ineligible Sports/Activities
Fraudulent or dishonest acts, asbestos liability, assault and battery, punitive or exemplary damages, sexual abuse and molestation, employment related practices, professional liability, total pollution, collapse of temporary structure, fireworks and pyrotechnics, nuclear energy liability, use of saunas, sale/manufacturing/distribution of any athletic equipment and liability for occurrences prior to the effective date of coverage. All of the above are subject to the terms and conditions of the policy.
Note: There is no liability coverage for claims arising out of any of the following activities: Gymnastics, Cheerleader Pyramiding, Trampolines or Inflatable Devices, Waterslides, White Water Rafting, Scuba Diving, Bungee Jumping, Rock Climbing, Repelling, Bicycle Tours, Ballooning, Parachuting, Rodeo, Motorsports or any other Saddle Animal Exposures.
For a fast quote feel free to use any of the online quoting forms, or simply use the information below.
Combat Sports Insurance
We are proud to cover both MMA Promotion Events, Boxing Promotions Events and more!